Friday, November 6, 2015

Want a new job? Here's what's wrong with corporate America!


We don't "need" you per say, you need us. You're the company and we're the employees, yes we understand the importance of that structure. However, without the employee, you are not a company. You need people to work for you to keep the company alive, to keep making yourself more money. We do not however need to make you money or keep you alive.
You see, corporations have become so self absorbed that they have forgotten where the true power lies, with its employees and not the leadership. If you get mad at us you could fire us and we'd be forced to find another job, no big deal. If the employee got mad at you, they could either bring to light or create false allegations that could bring down your company. Do you see the point? Whether the allegations are true or not is beside the point. They could bring upon so much bad press that others would reconsider doing business with you. That is where the power truly lies, in the employees.

Many companies say, we need to find someone that can do this and that and has "x" amount of experience doing it...good luck! The fact is, you have decided to quit training people to do exactly what you want because it makes you a little extra money. So you opt to wait patiently for the right person. Well, what happens when you think you struck gold and found that person who meets your requirements...they have bad habits or you have to do some training anyway.

So instead of setting such high and outrageous qualifications, find someone who has the capability to be everything you want, who has the character and the loyalty. You can train them to be EXACTLY what you want! They won't have preestablished bad habits because you have trained them to do things exactly as you want them to. We don't "need" to work for you, you're the one that needs us to work for you, so stop making it so difficult.

The beginnings of my adult life were spent in the military, one thing they teach you is to adapt and overcome. I can find ways to manage and get by with out you, but can you? Or do you really need someone to work that job?

I have loyalty beyond your comprehension, I am creative beyond your dreams, I am valued beyond your pocket book and yet I am humble in many ways, except for my own worth. I have been trained from no knowledge, in 16 weeks, on how to save your life from a variety of combat injuries or accidents.

To save someone's life is the most complicated thing you can do, because there are so many uncontrollable variables, including the fact that while I'm saving them, people are still trying to kill me too. I have successfully done that many times and have documentation to verify that.

So let me be blunt, there is nothing you can possibly try to teach me that I cannot master in a timely manner. There isn't a stressful situation you could place me in that I could not control my composure, maintain my ability to critically think, stay focused or improvise to accomplish my mission. Saving a life takes both attention to detail and patience. Wrong move at the wrong time without seeing a sign and they are gone. Punctuality is another key because your moves must be punctual, on time at the right time.

I am both creative and a deep thinker, I write poetry, and I like to build things. All of which require the ability to think beyond ones self and focus on an idea, and also extreme patience. I have the ability to work in a team role or a leadership role and excel in both, I also have experience in both.

So before you shut me down without a chance to even show you who I am and what I am capable of doing and learning, think first. Were you not at one point in my shoes looking for a better job and life? We're you never a tadpole in a big pond? Most likely you were, but you have since forgotten what it was like.

Remember. Plain and simple, remember where you came from. We, veterans, are capable of being just as great or even better than the little college kid with a piece of paper that hasn't worked a hard day in their life. We know what hard is!

The army has many values, but these they instill in us above all from day one: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage. And for the curious, yes, I myself am a veteran who has been to war. I am desperately looking for a better job and life, and I am relentlessly being turned down.

It all leads back to corporations only wanting people with a degree. I am sorry I wasn't spoon fed a great ticket in life. But you have no idea the talent you keep brushing aside. The talent that has dreams and aspirations and real world knowledge, rather than classroom notes. The loss is sadly yours, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate